Google+ Jack Leslie F1: Sauber confirms Nasr and Ericsson for 2016

23 July 2015

Sauber confirms Nasr and Ericsson for 2016

Sauber has confirmed its driver line-up for the 2016 Formula 1 season, with Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson remaining at the team. 
© Octane Photographic
The two drivers have extended their contracts with Sauber for a second year, having both joined the Swiss outfit for the 2015 season. 

Nasr spent last year as reserve driver at Williams, and also finished third in GP2 before making the move to Sauber. He made his F1 debut in Australia and finished fifth. 

"It is great to be driving another season for the Sauber F1 Team," the Brazilian said on the news. "The extension to the contract with the Sauber F1 Team is an important step in my career. During the first half of the season, in what is my rookie year, I was able to gain a lot of experience from a driving perspective as well as on the personal side. 

"Finishing fifth at my first ever Formula 1 race in Melbourne in the Australian Grand Prix is so far my career highlight. Now I am looking forward to the second half of the season. My objective is to support the team as best I can, and also with regard to the development of the new car." 

Ericsson raced for Caterham for most of the 2014 season before the team entered administration, and was confirmed at Sauber last November. "I’m very happy that the Sauber F1 Team has put its trust in my potential for another year," the Swede explained. 

"Up to now I have some good memories of my first year with the long-standing Swiss team. I had a great start from the very beginning, and it is worth mentioning my first points in Formula 1 that I scored right away during the season-opener. 

"I am getting to know everyone within the team more and more, and feel I am being appreciated as a valuable driver. I feel honoured to be part of the Sauber Motorsport family, and I will continue to do my very best to succeed."

This article first appeared on Richland F1.

No comments: