Google+ Jack Leslie F1: Horner confirms Red Bull contract extension

28 June 2015

Horner confirms Red Bull contract extension

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner has confirmed that he has signed a contract extension with the Milton Keynes-based outfit. 
© Octane Photographic
Rumours after the Austrian Grand Prix said that a rival team principal had phoned Horner to "commiserate" him on his exit from Red Bull. 

However, speaking at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Saturday, Horner rubbished the claims and said he has extended his contract with the four-time constructors’ champions. 

"I didn’t lose any sleep over it because it is absolutely not true," he told Sky Sports F1

"I recently signed an extension to my contract with Red Bull, I have a great relationship with Dietrich and my goal is very much on getting the team back to the situation we were in 18 months ago. 

"It is total rubbish. The thing is not to put too much energy into things like that, but in the world we live in sometimes people from rival teams say things and they get picked up and then a story goes on the internet and it goes from there. 

"That is the problem with social media – two weeks ago I was taking over from Bernie, this week I was leaving the team, next week I’ll be driving the car probably."

This article first appeared on Richland F1.

No comments: